Panayotis E. Zouboulis, MD, PhD
Metropolitan Hospital, Piraeus
Spinal Deformity Clinic
Assistant Professor Orthopaedics – Medical School, University of Patras, Greece
10 years academic career in:
- Training medical students
- Organizing academic educational programs
- Validating Ph.D. theses, clinical and experimental studies
- Faculty of multiple International and Domestic Symposia, Congresses and Hands-On Labs
Medical Consultant and Instructor, Medtronic USA, for South-East Europe
- Recognized expert in the use of Spinal and Biologics products in Spinal and Orthopaedic Surgery, which includes Minimal Invasive Surgical techniques, Dynamic fusion techniques and the use of bone graft substitutes
- Percutaneous MIS techniques in:
- spinal thoracolumbar trauma (percutaneous fusion, kyphoplasty, hybrid spinal fixation, decompression)
- spinal deformity (percutaneous correction and fusion in kyphosis and scoliosis)
- degenerative disease (MIS 360o lumbar fusion and decompression)
- Dynamic Lumbar Fusion techniques (decompression and dynamic lumbar techniques, peek and peek-balance rods, interspinous devices)
- Use of orthobiologics in spine surgery (cervical and thoracolumbar spine)
Medical Consultant and Instructor, Alphatec Spine, USA
- Ttrained over 500 surgeons on different MIS treatment options (OsseoFix Spinal Reduction System, GLIF Guided Lumbar Interbody Fusion, percutaneous thoracolumbar fusion)
- Validation of the newest technologies of Alphatec Spine, especially regarding aging spine, and assistance to provide the clinical evidence to support these products across a broader European and international market
- under Professor Juergen Harms – University of Heidelberg, Germany,
- under Dr. Med. Deszoe Jeszenszky – University Hospital of St. Gallen – Switzerland,
- treatment of all-around spinal modalities, and mainly:
- cervical and thoracolumbar trauma
- cervical myelopathy
- spine tumor disease
- pediatric and adult deformity
- degenerative lumbar disease
- 18 years in orthopaedic surgery
- 16 years as specialized spine surgeon
Working in: University Hospital of Patras, Olympion Hospital and Rehabilitation Center of Patras, Hygeia Hospital Athens and Tirana, Mediterraneo Hospital Athens and Metropolitan Hospital Piraeus
Academic and Scientific experience
- Ten years Academic career in Medical School of University of Patras, Greece, participating in the development of 15 Ph.Ds.
- Faculty in more than 60 domestic and international spinal Conferences including hands-on labs.
- Invited Speaker in more than 120 international and domestic scientific Symposia.
- Sixty (60) articles and peer-review abstracts published in Medline.
- More than 200 free communications in international and domestic scientific conferences.